A few weeks ago, I threw together a random pasta dish and it turned out freaking glorious! Spent the weekend away deep in the Drakensberg Mountains, hiking, staring in amazement at the majestic, overwhelming beauty of Mother Earth, golly gosh, I felt so small but so grounded, clear and capable of anything at the same time.
Clear night skies. Fresh breathing air. Blue. Green. Red. Black. Waterfalls. A skinny dip in the ice-cold water. Reading in hammocks. Sleeping sleeping sleeping.
We also ate well.
Red lentil pasta from Happy Earth People with a cheesy-herby sauce with shrooms, zucchinis and tomatoes.
- 1/3 block of non-dairy cheddar cheese (I used @nature_moi)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- Punnet of rosa tomatoes
- 2 tbsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- Mixed veggies (mushrooms, zucchini etc)
- Happy Earth People red lentil pasta
- Sliced the onions and mince the garlic.
- Over a hot pan on the stove, add water and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the herbs.
- Slice the tomatoes and allow them to soften and ooze into the pan.
- Slice the cheese and add it to the pan, giving it time to melt.
- Add the veggies.
- Add some of the pasta water as needed.
- Cook for another 10 mins until the vegetables are cooked through and the sauce has become cheesy.So easy, right?! ENNNNNJOY!
For more deliciously conscious recipes like these visit Francesca on her wonderful blog: Francesca Eats Roses where she shares her journey with all, it’s dips and contours.