There’s nothing quite like a hearty soup to warm the bones on a cold winters night, and this dish literally makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, it’s so very satisfying and veggie packed.
Minestrone soup is a classic, and now an even better classic: guilt-free made with the best red lentil pasta 😉 This golden oldie, now has a healthy new twist and it’s absolutely delicious!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or neutral coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced Savoy cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried mixed Italian herbs
- 2 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 2 medium baby marrows, chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 6 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, with 1 cup of water
- 2 cups Happy Earth People red lentil pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, cabbage, baby marrow, parsley, basil, dried herbs, celery, carrots, bay leaf, and lightly sauté
- Once coated, add broth/stock tomato paste and tinned tomatoes.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender and sweet potato is cooked through.
- Add Happy Earth People red lentil pasta. Cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.Enjoy!
Winter warming deliciousness!
Top tip: Left overs make a tasty healthy lunch, if the sauce thickens just warm up with 1/2 a cup of freshly boiled water and Italian dried herbs.