This recipe has been making an appearance in my kitchen quite a lot of late. Which is due to the fact that:
1. I cannot get enough of the amazing mushrooms available at Oranjezicht City Farm Market
2. The recipe is so simple, beyond easy and there is so much flavour, perfect for a wintery Meat Free Monday!
3. I am totally addicted to Happy Earth People pasta ?. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, made locally, has an amazing texture and is made from red lentils (that’s it)! So expect to see a whole lot more pasta dishes and recipes. ❤
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Happy Earth People Red Lentil Fusilli
- 5ml coconut oil
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 150 – 200g exotic mushrooms, sliced (I used oyster and king oyster mushrooms)
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 250ml vegetable stock (homemade is always best x)
- 15ml Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 30ml nutritional yeast
- a good pinch of salt (I used Maldon salt)
- 250g Happy Earth People red lentil fusilli
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, sauté for 3 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the pasta). Stir and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, to allow the sauce (which now looks like soup) to thicken and for the flavours to intensify.
- While your mushroom sauce simmers away, clean up and cook the red lentil fusilli.
- Add the cooked fusilli to the sauce, stir in, taste and season before serving.
About the author:
Sharing her love for health and all things delicious. Frances is a professionally trained chef, recipe developer and blogger. Frances shares beautifully curated gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free & vegan recipes. You can follow her on Instagram where you will find more deliciously conscious recipes like these!