Did you know diseases such as cardiovascular disease, coronary heart disease, and cholesterol are some of the conditions that can be prevented by simply eating right?
Heart disease is the world’s number 1 killer. Every year 17.3 million people are claimed globally by cardiovascular disease alone, which is almost the entire population of the Netherlands! Today we’ll share a wonderful and super healthy recipe with you which we found here.
This recipe is great for pasta lovers and by using Happy Earth People Lentil Fusilli, you get all the comfort of a bowl of pasta without the bloat. Lentils even contain large amounts of fibre, protein, vitamins, minerals, and iron.
Kale is one of the best sources of vitamin K, one cup of kale provides you in excess of 1000% of your recommended daily intake (RDI) of vitamin K! It also provides you with almost 100% of your RDI of vitamin A and 70% RDI of vitamin C! All in just one cup!
Packed with iron, vitamin C, vitamin B1, and B6 makes this tasty dish deliciously wholesome and a nutrient powerhouse!
Use toasted nuts and hemp to jazz it up and include those healthy fats and amino acids. We hope you enjoy it as much as your body and especially your heart will!
Kale Marinara with Red Lentil Pasta
- ½ pack red lentil pasta (about 1 cup dry pasta)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup purified water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh mint leaves – to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until the onions turn translucent, about two or three minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, basil, salt and vinegar mix to combine and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover the skillet and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Start cooking the red lentil pasta. Five minutes before it’s ready add the kale leaves.
- After draining the pasta and kale, add it to the skillet with sauce. Add the hemp, pine nuts, and nutritional yeast and mix well.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with mint leaves. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from: The Dish On Healthy