I give you; golden magic! This may just be one of my favourite, most medicinal, functional recipes yet! It’s not only absolutely delicious, but it doubles up as an impressive anti-inflammatory too!
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. It contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
During endurance training it’s really important to take precautionary measures against joint inflammation. Curcumin can inhibit many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation and even boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain, keeping you sharp on race day.
Curcumin is also fat soluble, so we’ve paired this tasty dish with coconut milk and black pepper for increased absorption. Winning!
Turemeric, is my answer to many things! So, I’m so very thrilled to be sharing this recipe with you.
Enjoy! It’s fantastic!
- 125 grams Happy Earth People chickpea pasta
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons organic veggie stock
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 a teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- About a tablespoon of fresh parsley (which is an excellent sources of vitamin K and vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin A, folate and iron.)
- Fresh coriander to serve (optional, but delicious!)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to season
- Cook Happy Earth People chickpea pasta according to instructions – don’t forget to use a timer to avoid over cooking. Keep about a tablespoon of cooking water.
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan
- Add all the spices.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, then add fresh parsley.
- Let simmer to thicken the sauce for 15-30 minutes – the longer it simmers, the stronger the flavour and the thicker the sauce.
- Coat pasta with the sauce, adding the cooking water where necessary (to preferred consistency) and top with fresh coriander.
- Be amazed at how simple and delicious this dish is!