As the leaves start to receive there tiny brown speckles, soon to fall to the earth; nature prepares for autumn. Beautiful hues and sweet peppers, eating with the seasons is one of the most natural things on earth. What a blessing to be able to enjoy the wonders of a changing season.
Next time you’re at you’re local farmers market, grab a couple red peppers to celebrate the beautiful autumn harvest.
- 125 grams Happy Earth People red lentil pasta
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil or Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Leeks – chopped
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Pre- heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Roast red peppers until charred (Approximately 30 Minutes). Add the garlic with ten minutes remaining, roast garlic until soft (for about 10 minutes.)
- Remove red peppers skin and seeds. Set aside.
- Cook Happy Earth People red lentil pasta according to instructions.
- Heat oil in saucepan, sauté leeks for 3 minutes then add roasted garlic, red peppers, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Blend with hand blender until smooth.
- Cook for further 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Once pasta is cooked, add a dash of olive oil and salt and pepper to the pasta for added flavour.
- Add pasta to sauce, coat evenly.
- Top with fresh basil, serve and enjoy!