By Guest blogger Benike Palfi:
As some of you may know, I’m working quite closely together with Wellness Warehouse. Why? Because I’m on a health journey this year and the guys at Wellness Warehouse have been the best in supporting me on this journey and making sure I’m sticking to my plan of becoming a better me.
In the spirit of this, I recently got a nice little box full of healthy goodies from Wellness Warehouse. Not liking to cook all by myself, I grabbed my good friend Fria from Fria’s Superfoods and we decided to embark on a little cooking journey. This is how the idea for this range of articles was born. So, please join us for the first edition of our Wellness Warehouse Cooking Journey.
One of the items in the Wellness Warehouse package was chickpea pasta. I try to stay away from the ‘unhealthy’ standard pasta (Disclaimer: I don’t think any one food may be deemed healthy or unhealthy per se, but pasta generally doesn’t agree with me so I’ve learned that it’s not the best food for my body). But chickpea pasta sounded interesting. So Fria did a little bit of research and came up with a brilliant recipe for us to try out, adapted from this original recipe. Here’s our adapted version:
Sun-dried Tomato And Basil Chickpea Pasta
- 1 box of Happy Earth People chickpea pasta
- 100 g baby spinach or English spinach
- 140 g sundried tomato pesto
- 100g basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Salt, pepper, coconut oil, olive oil
- More basil leaves as garnish
- Cook the chickpea pasta according to package instructions and drain. Put back on heat.
- Add the baby spinach, chopped basil, and sun-dried tomato pesto. Wait for the spinach to wilt.
- Add nutritional yeast flakes and other seasoning ingredients to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
I’m lucky that Fria is a mastermind in the kitchen and did all the hard work (i.e. coming up with the adapted recipe). This means that I got to do what I do best: Assist, take photos, and eat!
If you get a box of Happy Earth People chickpea pasta you’ll probably have a giggle at the suggesting serving for four people – the box seems tiny! But those little pasta bits are full of bang and super filling, and this recipe is definitely enough to serve four!
Thank you Wellness Warehouse for providing us with the key ingredient and Fria for your culinary expertise! Don’t forget to check out Fria’s article on this cooking extravaganza as well. You’ll find it here.
Want to buy through Wellness Warehouse? Check out their online store here.
Join us again soon for another cooking adventure!
* For more reviews, recipes and Cape Town hacks visit the I Love Foodies Website here.