A chickpea pasta you can eat hot or cold
Gluten Free | Dairy Free
This pasta dish has a nice and earthy flavour from the roasted vegetables and the Chickpea Pasta. I used Happy Earth People’s Chickpea pasta, which is made from chickpea flour give it a distinctive taste. It was the most different of the gluten-free kinds of pasta we tried and held up well both cold and hot.
I served it with a roasted ratatouille which was adapted from here and some crumbled Feta. It works well both hot and cold. And the ratatouille also makes a delicious topping from bread!
For the Roasted Ratatouille
- 1 eggplant chopped into medium pieces
- 6 tomatoes chopped into medium pieces
- 1 onion chopped into small pieces
- 4 Baby Marrow chopped into medium pieces
- 1 red pepper chopped into medium pieces
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pasta:
- 1 box Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves gently torn
- Feta Cheese for sprinkling
- Start by making the Roasted Ratatouille. Preheat the oven to 180C. Combine all the chopped vegetables on a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic and salt and pepper. Mix well so all the vegetables are nicely coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then stir the vegetables and bake for another 30 minutes, stirring the vegetables at least once. It’s ready when the juices from the vegetables are released, the vegetables are tender and it starts resembling a chunky sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and toss well. Serve with some torn basil leaves and a sprinkling of feta.
Photography and styling by Zissy Lewin, Nutreats®
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.