Recipe by Shirley Erasmus
Hi! I’m Shirley! The girl behind the Instagram account FrequentlyEats.
I’m inspired by all things colourful and healthy and I adore finding new ways to get as many nutrients into my body as possible (I’m a super-food junky!). I’m passionate about living environmentally conscious – a choice which affects all aspects of my life, from my skincare routine (only natural and cruelty-free) to my shopping choices (organic and plastic free). I share this journey and a good few smoothies on my little corner of the internet- I hope you’ll follow along and enjoy!
What better way to celebrate all things deliciously conscious than a good old faithful basil pesto. I have mixed it up, turning it into a dressing and simply adding some roast veggies.
This dish keeps really well and is fantastic for that summer picnic!
Roast Veggie Pasta Salad with Pesto Dressing
- 1 cup butternut
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 Courgettes
- Basil Pesto
- EV Olive Oil
- White wine vinegar
- Mixed herb salt/ garlic salt/ salt/ pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare veggies by cutting them into smallish chunks.
- Put all veggies in a bowl and toss with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic salt and herbs (any flavor will work!)
- Mix veggies well and then put on a baking tray and spread evenly.
- Roast for +- 30 mins until veggies are soft and starting to caramelize.
- While veggies roast, cook Happy Earth People Pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks make your basil pesto dressing:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of basil pesto with a teaspoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar and mix well.
- When pasta and veggies are done, add veggies to a bowl of pasta and toss.
- Keep for the week and enjoy warm or cold.
Have fun and mix it up, add fresh baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and organic feta or goats cheese!
Shirley Erasmus is a food photographer and health fanatic follow her on Instagram where you can find more of her delicious creations.