After a hard day’s work, we all deserve a wholesome and delicious meal. Yet, more often than not, it seems there just isn’t enough time to prepare something nutritious, so we end up settling for something far less healthy. Fortunately, Happy Earth People can help solve some of your weeknight dinner dilemmas with this quick and healthy spinach and legume pasta recipe.
Prep time: 25 min
Cooking time: 15 min
- 1 box of Chickpea Fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- A handful of your favourite nuts and/or seeds (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente – then drain.
- Whilst waiting for the pasta to cook, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-to-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until golden brown.
- Throw in your mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in the red pepper flakes if desired.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the pasta. Cook until heated through.
- Add a handful of nuts and seeds for that extra crunch (optional)
- Tuck in and enjoy!
Visit the Happy Earth People product page to find other eco-friendly, legume pastas which can also be used in this recipe.