Broad beans have certainly been a seasonal treat, what better way to enjoy them simply done with some garlic in a beautifully seasoned pasta dish.
The seasoning absolutely makes this dish delish! We’ve teamed up with Oryx salt to bring you one of the most mouth watering seasonal recipes this October.
- 220g Happy Earth People red lentil pasta
- One big handful of broad beans (Skins removed)
- 60mls (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Oryx Desert Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, for 8 minutes, until al dente. Drain but keep a little of the cooking water, cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans for 2 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the leeks soften and cook.
- Stir through the parsley (keep some to garnish).
- Season to taste.
- Add bean mixture to pasta and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Use a little of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if necessary.
- Top with chopped parsley.