Here’s one that will hit a dinner party out of the park! Creamy, delicious, healthy goodness! Our favourite thing is having people over for dinner, enjoying a seamlessly delicious meal together, whilst letting them know: “hey, can you believe you’ve just eaten a beautiful bowl of veggies?”
Protein to the nines and half your daily intake of fibre. Check! Plus, the cashews in this recipe add plenty of good fats.
They’re blown away each and every single time!
Vegan Mac No Cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 packet of Happy Earth People red lentil Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours and then drained
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2/3 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp Basil Pesto (optional)
- Fresh bunch of coriander
- Boil the pasta according to the box instructions and set aside.
- Using a saucepan, over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper, stirring until cooked soft and fragrant. Set aside to cool
- Once onions have cooled, add them to a blender together with the cashews, broth, cornstarch, cumin, chilli powder and nutritional yeast.
- Blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides, every 30 seconds.
- Add the blended sauce to a deep saucepan and cook on low stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce along with the basil pesto if using. Stir to coat and serve immediately, topping with fresh coriander sprigs.
Images: Michelle Parkin Photography
Doesn’t this just sound sensational!?