Recipe by Malindi Widlake
Forget the dairy overload and swap your family’s dinner for this delicious crowd pleaser. Feel free to finish off with all your most loved faves; toss in some peas or mushrooms and mix it up weekly for a great mid week staple that takes only 20 minutes! This wholesome, fuss-free weeknight dinner will have the whole family catching up around the table in no time, without even breaking a sweat! Phew!
- 1.5 cups diced white onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 300 grams Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta
- Cook onion and garlic in a little olive oil for 5 minutes until soften.
- Add the Broth and Cashew nuts and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, about 6-8 minutes
- Pour the ingredients into a blender and add the yeast and lemon juice. Blend until silky and smooth.
- Serve immediately ♥️ (I threw on some crispy baked Kale chips as they are our Fav)
- Enjoy x
About the author:
Malindi is a full-time blogger, home cook, Mom cooking to heal auto immune & CKD, preparing low sodium, fresh, no-fuss food. You can find a delicious plant based, whole foods approach to eating when you visit Salt Free Saffa.
Simple, fast & nutritious recipes for the whole family.