That all too familiar feeling, when you’ve barely had time for breakfast and it’s almost 12pm. Hunger strikes, and it strikes hard. With “hangry” fast approaching, like the next train to unpleasantville. You’ve got to eat something and a packet of peanuts just isn’t going to cut it. Head on over to the fridge, grab a box of Happy Earth People Pasta and make yourself a Happy Summer Bowl!
Things have been so busy over here at HEP HQ, that we have barely had time to do one of the things we love doing most – getting creative in the kitchen. Honestly speaking though, busy is a good thing and we wouldn’t have it any other way. The very clear and present danger however, is trying to remain mindful around mealtimes. Eating in a way that is not only nutritionally wholesome but also quick and easy.
The other day, as we sat in a meeting that had run 45 minutes over time and well passed lunch, with a backtrack of grumbling tummies and a dissipating sense of humour. The meeting ended and everyone made a B-line for the kitchen.
We opened the fridge and there were a string of random ingredients including:
- Cooked beetroot
- Wild rocket
- Sweet potato
- Cherry tomatoes
So we boiled some water and cooked up a box of Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta, smothered it in a coriander pesto and topped with any (or all) of the above.
It was delicious! And oh so easy 🙂
- Boil some water in a pot.
- Cook Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta for 6 minutes, using a timer. Drain and coat in pesto of choice. We used coriander, but basil or red pepper will be just as delicious.
- Cut up roasted beetroot and sweet potato. This can be roasted ahead of time, and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Rinse the rocket and pat dry, layer at the bottom of a bowl.
- Add pesto pasta
- top with beetroot, sweet potato and a good dollop of hummus.
- Sprinkle with some seeds and voila!
A happy, healthy lunchtime summer bowl!
PS. These were really good! As Grace would say “dank” 😉