This recipe uses date syrup – a delicious natural liquid sweetener- instead of sugar, so now you can indulge in this chocolatey winter favourite with all the added benefits of dates. Pair with Happy Earth People Peanut Butter Cookies for best results 😉
- 300ml almond milk
- 70g 70% Afrikoa dark chocolate
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp date syrup, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- a pinch of salt
- Heat almond milk, chocolate, cinnamon and salt. Allow the chocolate to melt completely on a low heat (±10mins).
- Mix the coconut cream in a bowl until smooth.
- Once chocolate has melted into the almond milk, whisk and divide between cups.
- Top with a spoonful of coconut cream and a drizzle of date syrup.
Enjoy as an after dinner treat or tea-time pick-me-up. Perfectly paired with our Peanut Butter Cookies.