This Vegan Chocolate Tart is the BEST gluten-free, refined sugar-free, indulgent dessert. It’s easy to make and has a protein-packed secret ingredient! Flavoured with chocolate, it’s creamy and decadent, and it’s vegan!
We don’t know about you, but we LOVE a good no bake dessert. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as wowing dinner guests with a decadent dessert that you literally spent minutes preparing! This Vegan Chocolate Tart is the perfect dessert for holiday entertaining (think Christmas lunch or a New Year’s Eve party) you can be sure your guests will love it, and will have no idea that it’s vegan.
The filling contains only 4 ingredients. One of them is tofu, which means you could eat this tart for breakfast and it would be pretty nutritious! Tofu is made from soybean curds. It is naturally gluten-free and low in calories. It contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of iron, calcium and protein.
For this recipe you will need a blender and a 22 cm tart pan with a removable bottom or 6 small ones like we’ve used.
It’s as simple as making the 3-ingredient crust, chilling it while you make the filling, and then pouring the filling ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth, and then chill everything for a few hours to set (this part takes the longest). Honestly, it’s more work to drive to your favourite bakery and buy an already-made chocolate tart.
We hope you love this tart as much as we do! Decorating this tart also makes for a great holiday activity with the kids, they get super creative and have lots of fun with presenting their dish.
The best chocolate tart ever, and it’s vegan!
Time: 30 minutes
Time to chill: 3 hours
– 1 box of Happy Earth People Dark Choc Chip Cookies
– 1 box of Happy Earth People Coconut & Vanilla Cookies
– 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
– 600 grams of silken tofu, drained (approximately 20-21 oz)
– 1/2 cup real maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon flavour extract (optional)
– 200ml oat milk
– 400 grams of dark chocolate
– fresh berries and mint for serving
1) Pop some Happy Earth People cookies, organic cacao, and 3 tbsp coconut oil into your blender or food processor, until it forms crumbs. This process takes a little more effort if using a blender as you will need to stop and mix from time to time.
2) Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of your tart case(s).
3) Break your chocolate up and melt it however you choose. Let it cool slightly before pouring it into the blender. This will ensure a smooth texture.
4) Add the silken tofu into a clean blender along with your maple syrup, vanilla extract, oat milk, and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Feel free to add any flavour extract you wish here.
5) Blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender if necessary.
6) Pour the filling into the chilled crust and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula and chill for three hours.
7) Decorate with fun toppings of your choice, berries work really well with the richness of the tart, and serve!
This tart is a treat for everyone!