By Francesca Rose l Francesca Eats Roses
Now who doesn’t love a sweet treat?! This chickpea coconut cookie is just the power-packed-protein ball that will hit the spot 🙂
- 1 cup Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dedicated coconut
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup oat milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/8 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Desiccated coconut
- Cacao powder
- Beetroot powder
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. It will yield about 2 cups of cooked pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, in a food processor, grind your oats until it becomes a flour.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients, including the pasta.
- Blend until it forms a ball.
- Break up into a smaller date ball sizes and roll into shape.
- On a clean plate, throw some desiccated coconut and beetroot together and using a fork, mix the two together so the coconut changes colour. Roll the balls in the mixture until coated. You can do the same with the cacao and beetroot together if you want a chocolate-beet vibe – Yum!
- Store in the fridge and enjoy as high protein and energising snack!
About the author:
Francesca is a vegan food blogger from Cape Town, now working and living in sunny Durban. Having battled with eating disorders and dealing with hormonal issues, PCOS symptoms and acne after coming off the contraceptive pill, Francesca was inspired to start sharing healthy and yummy plant based recipes that are good for the mind, body and soul, as well as natural healing tips and tricks that worked for her along the journey to better health.