Using Happy Earth People Red Lentil Pasta is a great source of soluble and insoluble fibre making this the ideal gut-loving dinner,” says Meg. Read on:
This dish is not only easy and delicious, but it’s a house-hold staple! It also makes a great pre-race day meal as the pasta is filled with loads of protein and healthy carbs. I like to add lots and lots of veggies, because a colourful variety of plants is the key to healthy gut microbiome. In this dish there are eight different sources of veggies. If you are new to eating lots of fibre, then start slowly and reduce the amount of veggies to three or four servings. Making sure that everything is cooked through for easy digestion.
For the base:
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 box of red lentil from Happy Earth People Pasta
- 2 peppers of your choice – cut into cubes
- A handful of olives
- 3 to 4 zucchini’s (optional)
For Meg’s Marinara Sauce
- 15 fresh baby tomatoes
- 1 chopped and fried onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 grams tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Do the sauce first – fry the onions and toss it all into a blender.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sauté the mushrooms and cubed peppers in a pan.
- Cook the pasta, it takes 6- 8 minutes.
- Toss all the ingredients into a big pot.
- Add the olives and serve hot.
You can catch the cook-along with Meg on the ASICS Instagram channel.
Hi! I’m Meg, I’m a certified nutrition and wellness coach on a journey to healing my gut through delicious food, healthy habits and an active lifestyle. This includes dancing in my lounge too! I share gut health tips, advice and recipes in a way that is not only approachable but also easy to digest 🙂